COMPUTER SCIENCE MODEL
Digital Pioneers Academy’s curriculum is built on traditional school subjects with the critical inclusion of computer science. We believe computer science is not a “Nice to Have,” it’s a “Must Have.”
Our scholars will transform from consumers of technology to creators of technology!
Computer Science is...
- Utilizing technology tools to solve problems
- Utilizing logic, problem-solving, and creativity
- The new 21st-century language
- A key to your child’s future success
DPA Scholars will...
- Have a computer at school
- Learn computer science for an hour per day in every grade level
- Take and pass the Computer Science Advanced Placement exam in 10th grade
- Master two programming languages by 12th grade
- Learn two key habits: independence and failure is part of learning
We empower students to develop marketable computer science skills and habits of innovation to experience a future of choice.
Our Computer Science Curriculum
DPA’s computer science curriculum is divided into three categories: Computer Science Foundations (6-8th grade), Computer Science Principles (9-10th grade), and Computer Science Specialization (11-12th grade).
(6th - 8th grades)
- Game Design
- Web Design
- Application Design
- Mobile App Design
- Data Storage and Visualization
- Advance Game Design
(9th - 10th grades)
- Full-year course in Application Development
- Personalized Computer Science, or
- AP Computer Science Principles
(11th - 12th grades)
- AP Computer Science A
- Graphic Design
- Full Website Design (front end and back end)
- Certifications through Oracle or Microsoft (or others)