Founding Social Worker Mission: To serve as a Social Worker at Digital Pioneers Academy (DPA), a 6th-12th grade college preparatory school that will consistently rank as a Tier 1 Washington, DC public charter school. DPA Social Workers will ensure that 100% of students have the emotional support they need succeed at school and in their careers.
DPA’s Graduate Profile:
Students will develop into innovators who possess the skills to problem solve, persevere, collaborate, create, communicate, and connect as they work to solve the increasingly complex problems of society.
Students are prepared for, accepted into, and complete four-year colleges.
Students will demonstrate mastery of 2+ programming languages and pass the AP Computer Science Principles exam.
Students will expand their social-emotional skills and mindsets to develop strong habits of success.
Students will have a long-term plan rooted in their values and interests and will identify credible next steps towards achieving their hopes and dreams.
DPA’s Big Ideas
We are different.
We believe that Computer Science is not a “Nice to Have,” it’s a “Must Have.” Every student at Digital Pioneers Academy will learn Computer Science at every grade level.
We will nurture the genius in every child.
While our education model is grounded in computer science, that simply means that we will nurture the inherent power of each student by equipping students with marketable computer science skills and habits of innovation as they build their future of choice, even if that’s not a computing job.
We believe relationships matter.
Whether it be inside the classroom, outside the school, between peers, teachers or families, we believe that relationships are key to student success at Digital Pioneers Academy.
We believe all children can learn at the highest levels.
Our students will understand that you are not born smart; you get smart with effective effort.
We believe our students learn by doing.
Most students are too passive in their learning experiences. Students will invent, design, and produce as part of the learning experience.
Digital Pioneers Academy is seeking dedicated social workers to provide comprehensive social work services to parents, students and school staff, addressing barriers that limit a student from receiving full benefit from their educational experience
DPA social workers will enable students to achieve to their fullest potential academically by assisting students to develop coping skills, increase self-esteem, improve interactive skills, and facilitate environmental changes that will enable successful functioning within the learning setting. Social workers will also provide crisis intervention and individual or group intervention services to support mental health issues for students, school personnel and community/family.
We are looking for experienced individuals with an exceptional track record in a school setting.
- Provide comprehensive school social work services to parents, students and school staff
- Address barriers that limit a student from receiving full benefit from their educational experience
- Conduct diagnostic assessment for students needing initial evaluation or reevaluation
- Review student records to identify previous barriers and/or interventions.
- Analyze information gained through record reviews and interviews to determine environmental impacts and appropriate resource needs
- Interview students and parents to discuss issues related to non-attendance and develop a plan of action.
- Provide individual and/or group counseling in response to school-wide crises.
- Maintain an ongoing liaison with community agencies and other resources to meet student needs; refers parents and student to agencies when appropriate.
- Conduct professional development/training and workshops for teachers, administrators, and other school personnel.
- Perform related work as required.
- Master's of Social Work (MSW) from an accredited school of social work
- School Social Worker or Visiting Teacher license
- Required to be a current D.C. Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW) to practice social work in the District of Columbia.
Compensation and Benefits
Digital Pioneers Academy offers a highly competitive salary based on experience and an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter using the link below.
Digital Pioneers Academy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
General Hiring Process
If you or anyone in your network is interested in any of the following roles, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.