Founding ROBOTICS INSTRUCTOR
& Program Manager
Founding Robotics Instructor Mission: To serve as the Founding Robotics Instructor at Digital Pioneers Academy (DPA), a 6th-12th grade college preparatory school that will consistently rank as a Tier 1 Washington, DC public charter school. The Robotics Instructor will be responsible for creating and implementing the first Robotics Program at Digital Pioneers Academy. This role is part-time for approximately 20 hours/week.
Position Summary: Digital Pioneers Academy is seeking a dedicated Robotics Instructor to develop and implement Digital Pioneer’s Academy first Robotics Program. This will include academic and extracurricular activities related to Robotics and 3D printing.
We are looking for experienced individuals with an exceptional track record, preferably with middle-school aged students in a school setting.
- Develop curriculum (project-based learning activities) tailored to introduce students to robotics and 3D printing
- Craft the robotics curriculum for different kinds of learners, taking into consideration scaffolding
- Reinforce positive student behavior and ensure that students are engaged and having fun with the program
- Maintain a positive relationship with all students, families and staff
- Communicate with staff to discuss student progress, attendance, and concerns.
- Coordinate subject related trips, guest speakers, special events, student exhibitions, and college trips
- Serve as coach of at any extracurricular Robotics and/or 3D printing teams
- Prepare class lessons and evaluate in a timely and effective manner
- Attend required department meetings and professional development trainings
- Order required supplies and tools
- Maintain student attendance and grade rosters
- BA/BS required;
- Experience working in youth development
- At least one year’s experience teaching robotics related programing to school-aged children in a group setting
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and address varying needs
Compensation and Benefits
Digital Pioneers Academy offers a highly competitive salary based on experience and an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter using the link below.
Digital Pioneers Academy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
If you or anyone in your network is interested in any of the following roles, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.