DEAN OF Enrichment
Founding Dean of Enrichment Mission: To serve as an Founding Dean of Enrichment at Digital Pioneers Academy (DPA), a 6th-12th grade college preparatory school that will consistently rank as a Tier 1 Washington, DC public charter school. Digital Pioneers Academy is seeking a Dean of Enrichment to establish and oversee all enrichment, expeditions, and partnership programs for students. This role will manage our extended day program with hours from approximately 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Position Summary: Digital Pioneers Academy is seeking a Founding Dean of Enrichment to establish and oversee all enrichment, expeditions, extended day, and partnership programs for DPA students.
- Establish and oversee the enrichment and acceleration program, including athletic programs, performing arts program, student leadership program and DPA academic, social, and special interest clubs.
- Support the development of the expedition and partnership program. Ensure students are exposed to real-world (our expedition program) and the tech industry itself (office visits, tech speakers, internships, externships, etc).
- Establish partnerships within the computer science/technology industry as well as the technology programs of local universities in Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
- Develop the systems, best practices, and standard procedures for all groups, as well as manage coaches, teachers, sponsors, and partners.
- Manage vendor relationships for all after-school and extended day activities.
- Establish DPA as a member of the DC athletic association. Establish relationships with schools in the district to foster competitive and respective partnerships.
- Plan and coordinate all school-wide and community activities including, but not limited college trips, dances, end of year celebrations, parent and community nights, etc.
- Work on many special projects relating to staff and student culture including talent acquisition, career longevity, innovation, and parent and community relations.
- Work with students and small groups to support intervention and academic support activities.
- Provide coaching, support and evaluation of all enrichment staff, parent, student, and community members to ensure alignment to DPA mission, vision, and values.
- Discover/facilitate opportunities for students to expand and build upon their interests.
- Assist with orders and purchases of materials and information to support and enrich program activities/initiatives.
- Work with Principal and leadership team to review and assess individual students via surveys, observation, double entry journals, etc.
Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues, and community members
Minimum of two years teaching experience or working experience in an urban public school or charter school setting
Understanding of the nuances of urban school environments and school culture
Evidence of self-motivation, diligence and willingness to be a team player
Strong interpersonal skills and high moral character
Passionate about learning and developing children's passions for academics and enrichment
Bachelor's degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership is required; Master’s degree is preferred
Belief in and alignment with Digital Pioneers Academy’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable
Compensation and Benefits
Digital Pioneers Academy offers a highly competitive salary based on experience and an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter using the link below.
Digital Pioneers Academy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
If you or anyone in your network is interested in any of the following roles, reach out to email@example.com.