COVID-19 and Re-Opening Plan
Reopening & Safety Plan
We have thought carefully about how to reopen safely, consulting with experts in DC and nationally to ensure we can keep our community safe while on campus. We have spent over $200,000 to upgrade our facilities to state-of-the-art technology that limits the spread of COVID-19. We have created systems that protect our community within the school.
We have also engaged with you, our community of parents, teachers, and staff at DPA, to ensure that your needs, concerns, and expectations for this new phase of school reopening. Our goal is for 100% of our families to feel safe with in-person learning, especially as we prepare for the upcoming school year.
- Automation of restrooms (toilets and sinks)
- Automation of water fountains
- Installation of UV troffers that clear the air with UV light and kill the virus
- Installation of 22 portable air purifiers that clean and circulate the air
- Installation of bipolar ionization in our HVAC system that filters the air before it enters the building
- Replacement of filters in the HVAC system
- Installation of plexiglass student and teacher screens around each desk and table in the building
- Placement of signage indicating one-way hallways, maximum capacities, and social distancing
- Installation of hand sanitizer stations in each classroom and other areas
We know that deep cleaning high-touch surfaces is one of the keys to maintaining safety for our community. We have enhanced our cleaning protocols to ensure all rooms and materials are disinfected daily. DPA has 3 cleaners during the school day who are focused on cleaning high-touch surfaces. Our 3 cleaners who come after school hours will disinfect rooms each night and clean desks and plexiglass.
- Follow all federal, state, and local public health orders
- Report symptoms through DPA COVID screening accurately and honestly
- Stay home if sick or exposed and contact DPA immediately
- If ill, do not enter DPA without express permission from DPA's point of contact (Ms. Aliss Williams), so we can limit exposure as much as possible
- Follow all DC health travel guidelines
- Avoid large gatherings
- Wear masks in public places and when with those living outside your household
- Wash hands frequntly
- Receive seasonal flu shot
2021-22 School Health profiles (download)